Welcome to Friends of Crockerne
Friends of Crockerne (otherwise known as the PTA) is an active group of Parents, Family members, Staff and Governors who meet regularly. We aim to advance the education of the pupils in the school, purchasing items and equipment that the school may not otherwise be able to afford due to budget constraints. The current Committee consists of:
Chair – Charlotte Kaszubski
Vice Chair – Sian Bannister
Vice Chair - Kat John
Secretary – Vicki Merrin
Treasurer – Ruth Cotton
Social Media Officer & Yr 6 Lead - Caja Price
Next Meeting will be held at The Kings Arms on TBC at 19:30pm
New website for ‘Friends of Crockerne’
We have created our very own website and is being launched to all parents old and new September 2021. Our PTA Events websites can be used to sell tickets for events, advertise for volunteers, list upcoming events and for people to make donations easily. We have set this up to make purchasing tickets easier moving forward. The first time you use the website you do have to register but then you will just be able to log in subsequent times that you use it.
This is the website: www.pta-events.co.uk/crockerne
Please let us know how you get on with it.
What do Friends of Crockerne do?
- Our main aim is to fundraise and purchase equipment and resources to further enhance our childrens learning, development and enjoyment by improving their school experience. These items can also advance the education of the pupils in the school (e.g. This can include IT devices, play apparatus, theatre trips, and many more provisions.)
- Our second aim is to run events which the children and parents can enjoy. If these also raise money for the school then that is perfect! Regular fundraising events include discos, fayres and Easter Egg hunts to name just a few.
How can I get involved?
We are always looking for more volunteers, here are some ways you can help to support Friends of Crockerne,:
- Keep track of what we are doing / what we need help with – Contact us:-
Email us at PTA@Crockerne.co.uk and request to be added to our e-mail circulation list. If you prefer, follow us on our Social media pages -
Twitter: https://twitter.com/PTACrockerne or Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FriendsofcrockernePTA to find out when we are meeting and what we need help with.
- Attend a meeting - we meet regularly to discuss ideas for fundraising, upcoming events and how to spend the money that has been raised. Dates and times will be advertised through social media and the link sent to the e-mail list (on request).
- Send us your ideas – if you have a good idea of how we could fundraise then please get in touch PTA@Crockerne.co.uk and let us know.
- Get added to our list of volunteers – if you or a family member would be happy to help out at any of our events, whether that’s wrapping items from the comfort of your own home, baking goodies for a cake stall, flipping a burger at one of our fayres or you have a skill you would like to share with the children, we would love to hear from you. PTA@Crockerne.co.uk
I don’t have time to do any of the above, can I still help Friends of Crockerne?
Yes you can, everyone can help to support Friends of Crockerne without even realising they are in these simple ways.
Did you know most purchases you make online could be making money for your childs school? Follow these 4 simple steps to get started:
- Join https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk Joining is totally free and it takes 2 minutes.
- Choose a cause to support – Type in ‘Friends of Crockerne’ and select ‘Support this cause’.
- Start shopping. There are over 4200 retailers that will donate money to our charity e.g TUI holidays, M&S, Tesco, Aviva car ins, John Lewis to name a small few.
- Once you make your purchase, the retailer will make a small donation to ‘Friends of Crockerne’. Click on this link https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/retailers to see the vast list of retailers, you’ll be surprised. By online shopping through this channel you can earn the school valuable funds.
Make a monthly or one off donation
If you are a busy family and unable to commit or attend any of the above but would like to contribute towards the Friends of Crockerne funding, you can set up your own Standing Order for a regular donation, whether you'd like that to be monthly, termly or just a one off payment. The Friends of Crockerne bank account details are:
Sort code: 54-30-06
Account number - 99686511
Find out whether your company provides match funding
Some companies (e.g. Banks, Supermarkets, Insurance companies, Utility providers, Phone companies, Car manufacturers etc) will match funds raised for a charity of your choice (e.g. Friends of Crockerne as we are a registered charity) if you work for them. If your employer does this then please get in touch! For more info on match funding click this link https://www.pta.co.uk/funding/faqs-match-funding
Consider whether you or your company could donate goods or services
For instance old iPads/computers or any raffle prizes e.g. therapies, goods, hampers or a gift voucher.
How can I contact Friends of Crockerne?
Email us: PTA@Crockerne.co.uk
Our sincere thanks to you all. Any help or support you can give is truly valuable and we couldn't do any of this without you. Help us to make our childrens school the best place to learn and for them 'To be the best me that they can be'.